Subject: Layered Object Format - Repost
From: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:45:39 -0700

At 06:08 AM 4/11/96 -0700, Stephen Benson wrote this:
>>  The "Layered Object" LWLO file format is used by Modeler to save an
>>  editing session which includes multiple layers of data, some active
>>  and some in the background.  This IFF format file is nearly
>>  identical to the normal LWOB format object file, so this document
>>  assumes that the reader is familiar with the LWOB format.
>
>I assume this means I can save a modeller file with several layers
>(not just the current active foreground) -- say more
>complex/detailed versions of the same object developed in parallel,
>but how -- where's the command to do this? (Manual pagerefs and
>intimations of blind stupidity accepted BTW). Or is it a task for
>plugin/BML script (I'm on NT), which doesn't seem to know the LWLO
>format (as far as I can tell from a quick search of the docs)? 

Actually, from what I gather, this file format was really created as a way
for us to save the entire layer workspace and then re-load it when desired,
maintaining all the objects in the separate layers and not necessarily.
Layout won't load these files but that may have changed.

But perhaps an object replacement plug-in could be created that allowed the
user to use these layered object files as you outlined but it'd be up to the
plug-in to do the IFF file parsing to extract the object you wish to use.
Hmmm....

Have a blast,
Dan
--
Daniel J. McCoy - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
http//www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy
Stop the stupidity!  Away be the demons of inDUHviduals!